Thursday, March 6, 2014

 

                                    

 

Ever since I stepped into motherhood I gave up my career . I spent 5 long years with my daughter at home . I enjoyed every step of her growing stage. My daughter was 4.5 yrs when I wanted to start my career again . But now the question arise will I be comfortable working as before. Will I be able to stay away from my daughter for 10-11 hrs . My inner voice said I wont be able to stay away from her for so long hours. I had researched a lot about part time jobs and work from home option. But nothing was working out fine . Then one fine day I  approached my daughter's preschool for vacancy. I was called for an interview and got selected . WOW!!!! I felt very confident. henceforth I started  working here as a preschool teacher. 


Working as a preschool teacher gives me the pleasure of moulding so many tiny little brains.I feel thrilled when i see a child's eyes light up when they try or learn new things. When they are suddenly able to make the letters in their name. or do something which they aren't able to do previously, i get as excited as they do . When a class full of 4-5 yrs old suddenly takes interest in letters, words, rhyming, trying to read, it makes every day worth it. When my preschoolers are lined up  waiting to  come to class ,and then run in and give me a hug ,it warms my heart.


One amazing thing about children is that they learn in whatever they are doing. If they are playing in sand play, they are developing fine motor skills by scooping and dumping, they are learning about volume as they discover how much sand can fit into the bucket.


Not every day is easy. Sometimes there are days where my patience level is tested to the limit.There are days when i come from work and i don't want to talk to anyone.But most of the days i come home as happy as i am tired. Though there are many things i like doing apart from work , none of them are fulfilling as teaching those young ones who soaks into the knowledge that i give them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pandemic

"How I wish ...If we could uninstall 2020 and reinstall it?? It has a Virus.." Things have really changed within a matter of few...